This recipe is brought to you by Vicky and Rami from Tasteaholics! If you love bacon and chocolate, you’re in for a real treat! Chocolate covered bacon is an unexpected combo and is super simple to make. Although a little odd-sounding, your guests will be surprised with this sweet and salty treat! The recipe uses a delicious chocolate coating and goes a step further with a coconut butter drizzle. We call these recipes quick bites, as they usually take up to 30 minutes to make but still pack a lot of flavour and fun.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 pieces
- 6 strips of bacon
- 75g of Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels or organic unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- optional: sea salt and/or chopped nuts for topping
1. Fry all the bacon strips until crisp and let them cool completely. (You may also bake it at 400° for 20-25 minutes).
2. Melt the coconut oil in a double boiler on medium-low heat and add the chocolate.
3. Once the chocolate is fully melted, take the pan off the heat. Make sure to stir to keep the chocolate at an even consistency. If you chose to use unsweetened chocolate, you can add 15 drops of liquid stevia to the chocolate mixture for some extra sweetness.
4. With a pastry brush, coat each side of the bacon with chocolate and place on wax paper. (You may also coat one side, refrigerate for a few minutes and then coat the other side for cleaner results).
5. Warm up the coconut butter in the microwave (at 10 second intervals) or place it in a hot water bath to make it runny.
6. Drizzle the coconut butter over the chocolate and refrigerate for a few hours to let everything set.
7. Optional: You can top the bacon strips with your choice of finely chopped pecans and pistachios, sea salt and much more!
8. After a few hours, take out your delicious chocolatey bacon and enjoy! You can treat your friends and family to this delicious paleo snack, or keep it all for yourself!
About Vicky & Rami from Tasteaholics
Vicky and Rami are the authors of tasteaholics.com, a keto, paleo and gluten-free blog dedicated to finding the most delicious of recipes and showing how to create each one step-by-step. They are firm believers of the ketogenic diet and provide their readers with the information and tools they need to get the most out of their diets through quality low-carb recipes. When they’re not cooking, they can be found in the gym, learning Italian or discovering the next delicious restaurant.
Thank you Vicky and Rami for sharing this amazing recipe! I can’t wait to give it a try! You can keep up to date with all Nutrition is Medicine’s articles by liking the Facebook page, subscribing below, or following me on google+.