Having chips and dip doesn’t have to be a thing of the past on paleo, or even AIP! Guacamole is an easy, delicious, and super nutritious condiment that can be used as a dip, spread, or filling. My personal favourite is with (or on top of) baked salmon. Plantain chips are also a great paleo/AIP chip option to use for dipping, and veggies work great too!
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 small tomato, chopped (not AIP)
- sea salt to taste (I use Herbamare)
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper (not AIP)
- 1tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1tsp fresh cilantro, minced
- pepper to taste (not AIP)
- 1 tsp onion powder
Peel avocados and remove pit, place all pieces in a bowl with a flat bottom and mash with a fork. Add in garlic and lime/lemon juice. Mash and stir thoroughly. Scrape into a pretty bowl and serve.
You really only need to have the first 3 ingredients to make awesome guacamole, but if you want to get fancy with it you could try adding in some of the optional extras!
What is your favourite way to eat guacamole?